Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Hour Is Upon Us...

Well, it's 2:30 am and I think we are ready to go. The flight leaves at 6:00 am so we need to leave here to go to the airport at 4:30 am. I hope that we remembered to do all the little things that needed to be done. I hope that we have packed everything that we need. I pray that our hearts have been made ready for this journey.

It's been a very long summer, lot's of good times but also some of the most difficult times I have experienced in my life. It's been great to travel and visit with brothers and sisters in different places, we have been encouraged so much lately!

It's hard to express how real God has become to us over the course of the last year. It's hard to express everything that is in my head and my heart right now, I am very tired. Life has becoming more and more surreal each and every day. It feels like God has taken the fabric of my life and unwoven it back down to the individual fibers so that He can craft it again into something new.

Days of the week just don't really mean much anymore, so many of the signposts that usually guide me through the days and the weeks and the months and the years are gone now. The passage of time has become some what of a blur. It seems kind of crazy that I am sitting here now ready to go. I can still remember when we first made the decision to move to Nicaragua.

I really don't know what the future holds for us down there (well duh...nobody knows the future!) but I pray that Becky and I along with the Counts and the Hennigers will be used in a mighty way for God to be glorified and for many to come to salvation in Christ Jesus.

Thanks to all of you who have been and will continue to be praying for us and thanks to everyone who has supported us financially, it has been very humbling to receive so much love from everybody! I hope that you will continue to keep an eye on us here at this blog and also at our website, www.thegoatlife.com.

God bless you all, next stop Nicaragua!

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment