Hello, y'all! We have been keeping ourselves busy here in Nicaragua. I am working on our Fall Newsletter and hope to have a longer blog post for you soon. Meanwhile, here is my Top 10 List of things that are "special" to me about Nicarauga: :)
10. Being able to walk to most places I need to go in town.
9. Really good coffee.
8. Riding standing up in the backs of trucks.
7. Laughing with the Nicaraguans at the little ironies of life. (There are a lot of those here.)
6. The enthusiasm with which even the adults sing the "fun" songs in church.
5. The impressed looks on their faces when I properly use Spanish slang.
4. Random animals everywhere.
3. Gallo pinto (rice and beans), pollo (chicken), and tortillas. Every. Single. Day. (Well, almost.)
2. Not flushing toilet paper.
1. The ability to wear skinny jeans, not because I am skinnier (only slightly so far) but because no one here cares how fat you are.
Have a great day, everyone,