Thursday, January 6, 2011

God the Provider - Becky

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Today I just want to share with you something that reinforces our faith in God's provision.  In our endeavor to get to Nicaragua, we have obstacles to overcome.  One of the most obvious challenges is for us to get enough money for travel and for our living expenses while in Nicaragua.  A few weeks from now we plan to take a trip down there to check things out, and though we have been blessed to get cheaper airfare (thanks to a friend for jumping on a discount when she saw it), there have been some other expenses involved that we didn't expect.  It was one of those situations where we did have the money, but there were other things we wanted to use it for.  Well, we found out today that someone has offered to donate that exact amount of money to our cause—and they knew nothing about our needing that sum.  I am amazed, once again, at how God provides for us.  We really have no cause to worry about anything.

The money thing was a pretty "big" thing that happened, but there have been "smaller" things too.  (But, who are we to judge what is big or small in God's eyes?)  I realized today that I was missing an essential component for a creative project I am working on, and as soon as I thought through the specifics of what I needed, I found that I did, in fact, have exactly what I needed.  At camp a few years ago, Tommy and I were working on a play about Samson that involved two different actors playing a young and an older version of him.  I vaguely thought that we should make sure to get two wigs for our actors, but then I sort of forgot about it and didn't say anything to anyone.  When we showed up at the camp, one of our friends told me that she had something left over from Halloween that she thought we might be able to use.  It was a wig, and we already had another one in our storage closet.  I hadn't worried about the situation at all, and God totally provided without even being asked.  We have even more reason to trust in Him when we do ask.

Things like these keep happening to us, and I pray that they continue to happen and in greater measure.  I am so excited to think what the possibilities of that could be.

-Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment