Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Journey Begins - Tommy

Hey everybody; Happy New Year!  This is Tommy and I just wanted to jot down a few things to go along with Becky's post.  We hope to use this blog as a way for you to join with us as we travel down this new road that we believe God has put in front of us.  I know that sounds rather clichéd and I really don't like canned Christian speak but I honestly can't think of another way to say that right now. 

Our lives have taken a drastic turn in the last 4-6 months and we are fully convinced that this is from God and that it will be for the better.  More than anything else I want you all to understand that we are not specifically pursuing goat breeding, sustainable agriculture or foreign missions; we are pursuing God.  Teaching goat breeding and sustainable agriculture techniques in Nicaragua is the opportunity that we believe God has placed in front of us right now and we are dedicated to pursue that goal until we either land in Nicaragua to live or God shows us something else that He wants us to do. 

Stay tuned to this blog to be caught up on the whole story and to follow along with us as we try to follow God in a deeper way than we ever have before. 

I want to leave you for now with this thought...

In this new year I don't want or need any more house, cars, money, clothing, TV, movies, video games, guitars, amplifiers, (you know, all the vain things that charm me most )*

I just want and need more Jesus!

-Tommy


* When I Survey the Wondrous Cross - a post for later...

No comments:

Post a Comment